Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I Have the Best Friends in the WORLD!!

Seriously, they are.

Lain spent ungodly hours working on my computer and putting up with my frustration during this entire thing. And he did so cheerfully! I was very impressed. I'd have told myself to shut up and quit moaning about losing writing time several times...(If I were him, which I'm not thankfully). He didn't do anything but try to make it better.

Mark has been working on getting labels done for the massive mailings I've been doing. Putting up with me being cranky while trying to juggle everything while catching the balls I'm missing so they don't bonk me in the head on their way down. And still offering to do more! Amazing. He even called today, which cheers me up any day, and took time to hash out some just for fun plots to play with. Not to mention tell me he had free time this week...

My friend Lawren, sensing I was stressed, ordered me to take a night off and just watch movies. (Good call Lawren!) Then, last night, as I was tired and drained and wondering just what in the world I was supposed to be doing at that moment...she calls me. Telling me about a lady that had picked up my card and was excited about Apparitions. The timing couldn't have been better. Nor the fact that Lawren herself was excited. Something about the excitement of friends makes things look different, less overwhelming. To top it off, after she heard that publishers do little to market a book and that it's, for the most part, on the shoulders of the author - she took pity on me. The kind soul offered to help me with the mountains of Marketing To Dos that have managed to mound up around me.

Sandy Lender (fellow author - I'll be hosting her here for an interview next week - so drop in and ask her questions or talk!) sent me a wonderful email. Unbeknownst to me she sent Apparitions' first chapter to Jamieson Wolf. She also included a few other nifty tidbits! Thanks Sandy!

I was so impressed with all of them. I say 'thanks' and yet it seems so...not enough. But thanks guys! I don't think I could have made it this far without you guys and I'm not sure I could continue onward without your support, nudges (and sometimes boots...) to keep at it. You guys are the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home