Thursday, September 20, 2007

Congratulations Ben & Nikki!

Wooohooo! My little brother is now married! Who'd have ever thought?? I sure didn't. In fact, it didn't hit me that he was actually really getting married until we walked up to the church...and saw him standing there in his suit. Then I had one of those Oh My Gosh...this is real moments. Very surreal.

His wife, Nikki, is great. I couldn't ask for a better choice for him or better sister-in-law. She's funny, creative and sweet. She looked stunning.

The reception was a lot of fun. They told the DJ to think of it as a bar or club setting - so the music rocked! I didn't hear the Chicken Dance at all - thank all that is holy and green on this earth. Ugh. Any one here ever been subjected to THAT abhorrant dance?

They did do the traditional throwing of the garter and flowers - but the woman who caught the flowers was far from the traditional blushing maiden, shyly submitting to the practice. Oh no. My cousin Andrea caught it and was out there just cutting it up and making a grand show of it. Way to go Andrea!!!

So what does an author do at a wedding? Kick the kids to Lain's parent's house...go out with said Lain...get sloshed and talk her tongue off. Yup. Pretty much sums up what we did. The gin and tonics flowed and were drank! I got a chance to talk to a lot of family members I never see except for weddings and funerals. I also got a surprise - my friends from High School, Michelle and Mike were there. Shocked me...I had no idea they knew Ben. But apparently Mike works with him and Mike is dating Michelle. Really very neat.

Oh and I did dance once - a slow song at the end. Then Lain picked me up and carried me out of the hall :D That was fun too.

So...Congratulations Ben and Nikki! And thanks to all who attended and had fun with us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home