Sunday, April 13, 2008

2008 Muse Online!

It's that time of year again! The conventions are gearing up and everyone is going nuts. Now if this snoooooow would go aaaway! Can you tell I dislike the cold?

Anyway, I'm running a workshop again at the Muse Online Writer's Con. It's in October and will run from the 13th -19th. You can check out their main page here: http://www.freewebs.com/themuseonlinewritersconference/2007testimonials.htm

My workshop this year is: Magic Ink

In this we'll be discussing the ins and outs of screen writing and how it's the same and yet different from writing fiction. Assignments will be given along with worksheets. We'll also be taking apart one of my favorite movies - Practical Magic - to see foreshadowing, beginning / ending linking and other script writing techniques.

I will warn though - watching a good movie is like magic...and like a good magic show it's best watched when you don't know the tricks. Once you know the tricks the magic shows take on a different tone. Please be aware of that.

Other than that, I look forward to having you guys there! If you have any subjects you'd like addressed in the workshop - post them here or email me at raven@ravenbower.com I'll try to get all of them in!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home